I found this recipe on Pinterest and I had to try it out. I do not usually like plain cheesecake but I enjoy oreo cheesecake. This recipe was delicious! It called for sour cream, which I did not want to add because I hate sour cream, but to my surprise, when it was all done I could not taste the sour cream at all. It was very easy to make and only took about 30 minutes to get them in the oven. Since they were individually wrapped it was the perfect amount of cheesecake. And the best part, it did not make a mess so it was easy to clean up! On her recipe she added peppermint, but I left that out when I made it. She also said she only made sixteen, but I got eighteen and still had leftover filling.
- 22 Oreos: 16 left whole, and 6 coarsely chopped
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, at room temperature (Neufchatel is fine)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275 F.
- Line 12 standard muffin tins and 4 ramekins (or 16 muffin tins, if you have them) with paper liners.
- Place 1 whole Oreo in the bottom of each lined cup.
- Beat the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, a little at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Beat in the sour cream and salt.
- Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tins, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for about 15 minutes, on a wire rack, then transfer to a plate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
If you like oreo cheesecake, this is definitely a recipe for you to try!